SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krnuttle

Drive belt replacement Spooked

krnuttle
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My JD LT-155 is about 12 years old and I don't believe the drive belt has ever been replaced. I have inspected it and there several places where it is cracked, and obvious that it is nearing the end of its life.

Knowing this I have been looking at some U-tube videos, and other information on Google. Now I am spooked about doing this myself.

Looking at the diagrams it looked like all I had to due was loosen the idler pulley and the belt would come off. I then realized the steering mechanize had to be partially dissembled as the belt went on both sides of the steering mechanism.

What spooked me was the u-tube videos. In some they completely disassemble the tractor to change the belt, seat, body, etc. In others, the just removed all of the wheels.

Just what disassembly is absolutely necessary to change the drive belt on the LT 155?

Is this a job that should be done by the dealer and not a DIY. Note: So far I have done all my own service on the tractor, Yearly service, idler wheels on the mower deck front bumper, etc.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions