SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_gray9747

New house--need paint color help!

Nicole G. (6B Inland WA St.)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello!

Hubby and I are closing on our new house next week. We are super excited, but need help with paint color suggestions. I have some ideas of what I want in general (neutral/transitional/coastal), but lighting in certain rooms has me unsure.

The kitchen/dining room is currently light yellow, and has a small north-facing window:

We are not planning to change anything but paint/light fixture/window treatment.

I don't hate the yellow, but I just don't see it fitting in with other colors I want to use. I see people recommending yellow for north exposure rooms--so, I would love a recommendation for an alternative that won't look chilly in here, that coordinates with the existing tile/counter/flooring.

The second room is the family room, off the kitchen. It's big and has large windows that face due north and south (so no direct light). I couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like the current color (since it is kind of in the realm of ones I would choose). Currently, it's a light blue-gray-green. I realized that the color is just too washed out with the large amounts of cool light:

I know something more saturated and warmer is probably needed, but I'm stumped as to particular colors.

Help!

Comments (13)