SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_30145235

Mr Owari Satsuma has arrived!

User
7 years ago

Hey Laura, here he is. A bit droopy but I read that they are that way. Ordered from Nature Hills - grown by Four Winds. It was not clear to me whether it would arrive as bare root or in a pot. It was in a pot. It looked like the top 2/3 was pine bark and the rest soil. It was packaged very well with no damage or soil spillage.

Below are the ponderosas that I separated. I bought them from a guy who told me they were cuttings. They were both in a 4 inch pot with their roots severely entangled in one another. I had no choice but to cut the root mass in half. The large one did not do so well for a while. All of its leaves curled and it drooped. I put it in bright indirect sunlight next to a humidifier running all the time. You can see the curled leaves on the bottom. It dropped a few of the lower leaves and the rest of the leaves stayed curled for a long time. But now it is looking pretty good. The little one looked good from the start.

The big one has blossoms. I am reluctant to remove them. What do you guys think?

Comments (4)