SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clark_french

Remodel with Home Depot and innermost cabinets

I am a remodeling contractor in SoCal. with decades of experience, in interior design, furniture, finishes, flooring, paint, etc. 35+ years. So, I finally get around to redoing my own kitchen for my wife. Against my better judgement, we used Home Depot to purchase the cabinets. They offer a brand called Innermost, which is also highly touted here at Houzz, and part of the reason for this post. I will get right to the point here, and say that I wish I had exercised that better judgement after all! We have had nothing but a nightmare with Innermost and Home Depot. Ordered in November, and here we are in May with nothing to show for our remodel except a destroyed kitchen, and cabinets with more problems than I can even remember to describe! First, the contractor which home depot uses to do their installs, measured my entire kitchen completely wrong! Then, we got cabinets with damage. We got cabinets with glue all over them ruining the finish. We got cabinets that which were the wrong sizes. We got cabinets with broken parts. We got cabinets which had been built incorrectly. And, worst of all, more than half of our cabinets and parts had very badly mismatched finishes!! They have tried twice to correct these problems and failed horribly! I will simply say DO NOT USE INNERMOST FOR CABINETS! They are an Elkay company, and Elkay has some ten or so different cabinets companies, so be careful when choosing a cabinet company. Check to make sure that your are not buying from Innermost or any other Elkay company! And DO NOT TRUST HOME DEPOT TO BACK YOU UP AFTER THE JOB GOES BAD!

The first has glue on the shelf edge, and this was not the worst of the glue problem! It is all over on other pieces

The second cabinet is the wrong size. It is supposed to be recessed behind the wall, not passed it!

The third is just one example of the poor finish work. The finish on the right is the correct color. They are not even close to the same color!

Comments (11)