SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
washingtonnana

Need advice on a kitchen remodel for a fairly new house

Bonnie Wakefield
8 years ago

I would like some advice on a kitchen remodel I would like to have done. We built our home 6 years ago and designed it ourselves without a KD. After living with the mistakes I want to do it right this time. My main problem with our kitchen is the island is too big for the space. I am constantly circling around the island to get to the refrigerator and other work areas. When we have our 4 kids and spouses home for holidays there is no room to work in the small walkways around the island. When the dishwasher door is open it almost hits the bar stool at the island, even with 42” walkways. We have a 4-foot hallway behind the kitchen that I would like to incorporate into the kitchen and change the style of the island. Currently the island is two levels with a 51x39 lower prep space and a 51x48 higher seating area for 4. I would like to change the island to a single level, angled island that would create more space in the work area and allow for more seating. This would entail removing the wall between the hall and also exchanging places with the refrigerator and the pantry to facilitate better work flow. We would also have to move the door to the powder room from the hallway to open from the mud room. This would solve another mistake of having the powder room door so close to the kitchen/dining. My DH thinks it's too soon to remodel but I am so tired of these problems! Please see the plans and pictures below and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Thanks for your help!

Comments (58)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH