SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahappycamper

screwed up something. basil looks like its dying

ahappy camper zone10
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

i had some basil that i germinated in a container with normal non sterile potting soil outside a few weeks ago and it was doing very well up until today. a few days ago i put some ornamental kale seeds in the same container alongside the basil which i was planning on transplanting out once theyd gotten big enough.

i put a clear plastic bag over the container to try to maintain some humidity and when i lifted the bag today they ended up sickly and brown looking as the picture displays. i didnt think they would get fried because the container isnt really in a sun dominated area and it has not been very hot here. 70 during the day and 54 at night. in fact, a week ago i transplanted some basil out of this very same container into the ground under a similarly shaded area and put some glass mason jars and plastic water bottles over them and have left them there all day and night and those basil plants look great to this day

normally i would try to start seeds indoors but my indoor grow room is currently under construction. plus i have more than enough basil and ornamental kale seeds right now so i wouldnt mind if a lot of seeds didnt "make it" in the direct sow process outside

Comments (5)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional