SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcreig02

Fiddle leaf fig - brown/crispy leaves, yellowing

dcreig02
8 years ago

HELP! please. I bought this tree from Craigslist in November and it was doing so well, until recently. I would love my tree to become more full, and honestly I just want it to live. Any help is appreciated!

I have already lost about 5 leaves within two months. About a dozen leaves have brown on the outer edges, which is very dry and crispy. The leaves that have fallen turned brown and then they began to yellow and then fall. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I just bought a moisture monitor, and used it today and it said the soil was dry but I just watered my tree on Friday.

I do have a few issues - I can't just lift the tree up on re-pot it because it weighs a ton. I turn it every three weeks so it gets life evenly. I also gave it miracle gro, which I am embarrassed to admit. I clearly lack a green thumb and would love this tree to thrive because it was pricey and looks so beautiful in my living room.

I still have a lot of new babies given the fact that I'm a terrible mother, but the leaves that grow are kind of wrinkly/veiny NOT smooth and waxy.

Comments (8)