SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
transnationalq

Small first floor full/half or laundry+half bath?

transnationalq
7 years ago

So, we're relocating a downstairs 4X4 half bath to a new place in the addition/extension that we're getting done. I've attached the plan below.

At the moment, it shows a swinging door but I think we're going to go with a pocket door to save on space. Privacy may be effected a little - uncertain at this point but I think it may just have to be a compromise we have to live with as we don't really elsewhere to place it.

Now, we have a layout question. At the moment, the laundry is in the basement. I have a 4 yr old and an 11 wk old and as most of you with little ones will know ,laundry all too easily ends up being left either in the washer or the dryer until you start missing pieces!

I've put together a rough layout of the bathroom with the laundry (stacked) and we could still squeeze in a simple shower (with a hose, on a bar) which would be used only occasionally (a few times a year perhaps) to wash off muddy kids or guests that found climbing stairs challenging.

Half Bath with laundry

The house is a 4 bedroom and currently 1 full bathroom on the 2nd floor and half bath on the first floor. Once we're done, we should have 2 bathrooms on the 2nd floor (1 main, 1 ensuite), 1 half/full+/- laundry on the first floor and in a little down the line, another ensuite bathroom on the third floor with the 4th bedroom. (Information just to explain the living space we're working with. Moving laundry to 2nd floor is just not an option)

Looking for some feedback and thoughts. TIA Houzzers!

Comments (14)