SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erin_sosnoski

Name That Bramble? Poison Ivy? Rose? Blackberry?

Hello All,

I need your expert help once again. Today I have for you a plant that is growing all over my property. Everywhere I look this plant is there, in every corner, next to every tree. It is flourishing. It is more than flourishing, it is dominating! I really want to know, is this plant a friend or a foe? I already respect i, but, should I fear it? I'm very` new to gardening so I'm watching everything bud out this spring with complete amazement and wonder, how do the plants make all this new growth!? I have found that I can easily lose hours in my garden and I've only got so many hours to lose so honestly, I'd hate to waste that amazement and wonder on poison ivy. I've definitely got plenty of lovely, unpoisonous plants to spend my time watching, even if I don't know all their names yet! ;)

Here are some pictures of a huge clump of these brambles in one corner of my lawn:

we also have a huge thicket on one side of our yard that our neighbor says are Blackberry Brambles so here are some pictures for some comparison:

I know, it needs some major work, I'm planning on getting out the deadwood tomorrow.

Here's a couple of closeups

of these brambles:

What do you think?

Comments (3)