SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huango

help ID these weeds...are any of them poison ivy/oak/sumac?

huango
15 years ago

Hello,

I really appreciate your help in identifying these weeds. Are any of them (all?) poison ivy/oak/sumac, because both my arms are covered w/ rashes?

We moved in last April and were still learning about what we have in the yard.

Thank you so much for all your help.

This website taught me about wild violets and dead nettles; I love how everyone is so helpful.

I KNOW there are poison ivy climbing up a tree in my driveway entrance, so I do know what the 'normal' poison ivy looks like. I did not touch this PI.

This one is all over the left side of my front yard, and everywhere else:

I think this one looks like poison ivy, but there are thorns on the branches and I read that PI doesnÂt have thorns.

Same thing (different branch/different location)?

What are these? Will they bloom to flowers? They fill half of my flower bed.

These have to be poison ivy next to the wild violets, yes?

TheyÂre all starting to look the same.

I have tons of oak and maple trees around my house. How can I tell if theyÂre tiny oak/maple saplings growing (from all the acorns/seeds that fell everywhere) or tiny PI growing?

IÂm sorry for so many pictures.

These are right around the water bucket that my toddlers play with. I want to confirm that they are PI before I go nuts killing them w/ chemicals.

Last ones, I promise.

Are most of these harmless or am I seriously surrounded by poison ivy/oak/sumac?

I have 2 toddlers and a dog who goes exploring everywhere/everything. And I do all the gardening.

Right now, IÂm using the 2nd box of Zanfel ($40 for 1 oz) and IÂm beyond paranoid about PI.

Thank you so much for all your help.

This website taught me about wild violets and dead nettles; I love how everyone is so helpful.

Again thank you very much.

Amanda

Comments (19)