SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

My 2016 garden so far

KnoxRose z7
8 years ago

I've been snapping photos almoat every day for the last week or so because things are finally starting to bloom! I don't have that many adult roses, so there aren't that many things to see yet. This past March I installed a river rock border (by myself i might add) around my garden and I am SO thrilled with how it has transformed my whole yard. I still have a lot of things to plant out into the ground, and a LOT of pre planting preperation to do before i can do that... Including getting rid of a stubborn patch of poison ivy & some other vines and growth along a fence that has been unmaintained for quite some time, as well as creating a few new flowerbeds, breaking & amending up lots of hard clay and possibly some concrete scraps left under the sod from the recent sidewalk construction. I'll try to post more photos as more things bloom. Please excuse my long, weedy grass. It very much needs tending to.

Bolero 2004, 1 year in ground, own root

Charlotte 1 year in ground, own root

Munstead Wood on left, Happy Go Lucky in center & Carding Mill bud just visible on right. Jackmanii clematis on trellis behind MW covered with buds. MW always seems to hide her flowers within the bush.

munstead wood

at least I have a nice view of MW from the porch behind it.

Another view of Carding Mill. Poor thing got munched on by some sawfly larvae, they are a real problem here in early spring. This one has been in the ground as long as some others & seems to be a little behind, does it look chloronic to anyone?

Gruss an Aachen

Young Lycidas spilling all over everything.

Comments (26)