Harbinger-of-Spring

Mark (wildflowerman_2000) Rose(Z-6a)

Hi Folks, I am in search of some plants and/or seeds of Erigenia bulbosa (Harbinger-of-Spring or Salt & Pepper). It is a very small spring ephemeral that I would like to get started in my garden. Thanks

for any help.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
docmom_gw(5)

Wow. That's a beautiful plant. I can see why you would want it. My brother just gave me three red trillium from his property, though I told him I preferred if he left them in their original place. But, they would look wonderful mixed with those plants. If Imfind any, I'll check back here.

Martha

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
docmom_gw(5)

Wildflowerman,

I did a bit of searching, but didn't' find a retail source for this plant. I recommend that you call Wild Type Native Plant Nursery in Mason, MI. I went to their site, but they don't have a searchable site. I didn't see your plant on their list of wildflowers, but I think they might grow considerably more than what they have listed. Good luck in your search.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Feel-Good Home 12 Fresh Updates to Get Ready for Spring
As spring approaches, embrace the brighter days with these uplifting changes and additions to your home
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Simple Pleasures: 15 Ways to Welcome Spring
Embrace the season by lightening up, freshening up and connecting with nature
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Amelanchier Signals Spring With Airy White Blooms
With roughly 20 species of serviceberry native to the U.S., bees can feed on the early-season blooms while birds enjoy the summer berries
Full Story
We have been proudly serving the Washington, Maryland & Virginia areas for over 20 years. Our knowledgeable &... Read More
We are a company that cares about our clients and the craftsmanship of the work we provide. Honesty, hard work,... Read More