SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff508

Fungal Diseases

Jeff508
8 years ago

Here I go with my first question on this forum.

I never really had bad fungal disease problem but late last Summer, when there was a stretch of hot humid days and nights, my front KBG lawn got hit pretty bad. Although I was not able to identify what I had, my guess is it was a combination of 2 or more diseases, maybe Summer Patch, Melting-Out, and/or something else. There was broad thinning and leaf lesions in large part of my front lawn over weeks, Then literally overnight, dead patches appeared, some in circular ring pattern. It was scary how quickly they appeared.

I panicked and threw everything I had. I put down Heritage as a test in about 1/3 of my front lawn. I also sprayed Serenade and Companion weekly. I don't know if any of them did anything but the fungal disease stopped expanding, maybe due to cooler temperature. But the lawn never fully recovered.

It looks ok now but not as thick and green as 2 years ago. I am willing to do some work but I am not a lawn-nut spending hours and hours every week in lawn care. So what do you recommend to prevent another bad episode of fungal disease this year? Some recommended Heritage as a preventative, but that seems like such a nasty poisonous chemical so I would like to avoid it is there is an alternative. Spraying Companion/Serenade is easier than putting down corn meal. But I don't know which is more effective.

Thanks much,

Comments (15)