SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stockergal

Busy, busy

stockergal
8 years ago

The rain has kept us busy. Cattle on wheat no rain, cattle off wheat creek will flood, cattle on cattle off. Some time it feels like I belong to a Chinese fire drill team!! Ha

we got about 5" here at the house but more at other places and less at others.

i was reading that some of you guys already have tomatoes, was a little bummed. Guess what?? Checked my total tomatoe crop of three whole plants and I have a tomato!!! Cherokee Purple!!! It will probably get blossom end rot because it is so wet, will just wait and see.

had a little scare this morning. Went up to feed the donkeys this morning. Over in the corner I have a pile of loose hay that I've been feeding out of, it was moving!! Of course I am already all the way in the barn only way out is thru the cattle panels. Just when I was reaching panic mode, a small feral cat ran out from under the pile and took off. I just laughed!!, I guess she was staying out of the rain where it was warm and dry.

I am ready to plant like crazy the rest of the week. My back porch looks like a plant nursery, I've been gathering all week waiting for dry weather. Little man and I will be busy busy all weekend.

i know every body got some rain this week, hope it was what you needed and nothing you didn't. Just as always Oklahoma gardeners will adjust.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus