SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurel_zito

Opinions of Joyfulness: disease issue or fungal?

Laurel Zito
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I got Joyfulness as a Rogue Valley own roots. This rose was recommended by the Santa Rosa rose club as a good rose for my area. The flowers are supposed to change color in the bloom cycle. But when she came she had most of her lower leaves removed. I think this may have been due to a fungal. I sprayed her when I got her and twice more but this strange discoloration is growing and there is no sign of any new leaves to replace these leaves so I can't take them off. I assume Joyfulness must be a fungal nightmare. I went on HMF, but no one had any ideas on the fungal issue. Is this a fungal or a leaf burn? Is there a special fungicide that would be best to target this disease. I don't want to over spray or spray with something that won't work on this issue. It retrospect I wish I had not gotten this one. There are so many other nicer ones. Here I am bashing the rose and don't mean to, but none of the other eight rose from Rogue Valley have this discoloration. I should have gotten Just Joey or Apricot Candy. I actually wanted Medallion, but they could not get that one for me.

Comments (16)