SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loonlakelaborcamp

Anyone know how to turn off cell phone amber alerts?

Last night, repeatedly, I got Amber Alerts in the wee hours of the morning originating from a location 500 miles away. Is there anyway to shut these off in a Kyocera phone??? My cell phone store closed, and the others around here are not helping...

I actually injured my bum leg bolting out of bed trying to figure out what was happening. Got to use my cane again ... Also, my husband, a big rig driver was awakened multiple times in his 8 hour sleep cycle -- and now will have to drive on 2 1/2 hours sleep or lose his job.

They had the make, and the license plate, why wasn't is just broadcast on TV, radio, and with the official policing departments? I can see needing it broadcast on radio and TV, but waking up everyone in the fracking state????? If it was a tornado alert for my area - fine. but am I supposed to get out of bed at 4, 5 and 6 AM to check for a car 500 miles and a full state away??? It originated in Montana, and I am on the Minnesota border!

How can I turn them off without disabling my phone overnight? I use it as my wake up alarm and do want tornado alerts (which I have an app for.)

Comments (8)