SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roshanrosareo

Deck contracting and dont know what to do

roshanrosareo
8 years ago

A contractor came up to my home based on the quote i applied online. Then he prepared a contract which told that i might need to put in the half the amount of the total cost. I paid him $2500. We wanted to finish the project in a month schedule. He dug the hole. Once after, he kept dragging telling that it takes village for to come and inspect, and when i called the village, he never even submitted the papers. Now, my property has around open holes dug.

So, since he is dragging and providing wrong information, I asked him to cancel the contract and return the money back. He told he will arrange after a week, but we asked him to return in 1 or 2 days. He told he will arrange and call back. Now, he doesn't pick up my calls and it is almost 5 days. I tried calling him 50 times today, and still he doesn't pick up. I am from a different country and living in US, so i dont know if it is offensive calling him that many times in a day. I would really think for a 5 day time, he should have cared to atleast call me once in the day.

Is my money gone, I am in a big mess. There is an address in the contract, which doesn't have the proper number. I wish to go to that address and ask for the refund. Is it safe to do that, since I have not received any calls from him.

And now i am getting a feeling that if his company is really a licensed/registered company or not. I am not able to find the company anywhere in google search.

Please advise me what to be done. Even if i go to the attorney, I am afraid it would take $2000 for the fee and that with not knowing whether he will turn up, since he doesnt even pick the calls. Please let me know what to be done. Or since he has told he will arrange and call back, should i wait for over a week. He has not called me for about a week, even after i had tried to reach him several times in the past 5 days.

Please help! Is he trying to abscond? Or should i wait expecting he will call me back once he arranges.

Comments (9)