SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amberkpick

Craigslist find!! (I've been MIA)

Amber
8 years ago

I know I've been MIA, but I assure you, I'm not gone for good! Spring has been very busy trying to bring back 25 acres of pasture, adding a bunch of new chickens to our flock, battling five foot long diamondbacks.... And focusing on those projects you have to do after finishing a house - staining 700 square feet of porch, repainting the living room and kitchen because the color you chose looked like cat vomit, starting an orchard, sanding and painting a dining table for the porch (still in progress)..... Did I mention my husband is deployed and we have three little ones?! All this stuff just keeps us busy, though!!!

ANYWAY, there was a point to this post! My kitchen completion has been at a stand-still since the last time I posted. No backslash, though as stated, I did repaint. Ill get updated pics tomorrow. I've been hunting everywhere for white or blue counter height stools with a rush seat. For cheap because, well... I'm cheap! Apparently, I'm not the only one. Every time I found some they were out of stock! I need them NOW! Not really, but really!

Must be some expensive white paint!

I seriously considered just getting the 29" option that would leave no room for legs. I also debated buying some and just painting myself.

Then I found these. $65 each. Not bad but still, budget. I was reluctantly going to do a backless option that was more like $50. Sigh. Budgets suck. I had already scoured Craigslist. OR HAD I?!? Thank God I scoured once more and found....

These beauties! Four of them for... $75!! But they were listed a month ago with no phone number, just an email. So I emailed and sulked because I knew they were gone. An hour later she responded. They are all mine! Picking them up in the am! Eeeeeeee! But here's where y'all come in. I need to decide on a color! So here's my kitchen before I repainted. Ill get new pics tomorrow afternoon after I pick up the stools, but feel free to share ideas! New paint color is a medium neutral blue/green (Stratton blue).

Its now the colour of the dining room, seen through doorway to the left.

Here's the island colour.

So... Stick with white? Blue? Dark? Help! And thank you four reading through alllll of this!

Comments (11)