SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
privatejapanesemaplesanctuary

Japanese Maple Seedlings ~ Advice sought by all.Mike;Garden Gal;Houzi.

privatejapanesemaplesanctuary
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Japanese Maple Lovers....

I am posting here a small selection of Pictures of Japanese Maple Seedlings that have just started sprouting..

The Pix show a few trays of seeds I planted last year in a 50/50 mix of of GP Compost & Perlite..

Any advice on transferring into pots would be hugely appreciated...

When would be the ideal time to transfer the seedlings into small pots and what would be the ideal potting medium to use..Should the potting mix be Loam based or will general purpose compost by adequate..

I have transferred one seedling into a pot on 6th April and it seems to be Happy in its new home..I used General Purpose potting compost for this little one.

I have 250 Seeds in the Cells and the yield thus far has been fairly good approx 40 have shot up and there seems to be more on the way

Mike,a few of the Seeds you sent from your Parish there in the USA have been successful.I have kept a note of where the seeds in each tray have been gathered from

The success seems mixed at present but all trays have produced successful results

Are the Leaves on these seedlings the usual shape.They appear totally different from more Mature Examples

Any advice from Japanese Maple Lovers would be very helpful

Happy Gardening

Stephen,Cheshire,UK....

Comments (4)