SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

Could one of these finally be our backsplash tile?

CJ Mac
8 years ago

Am starting as a new thread because I want to concentrate on these 2 options for now. Went into a cabinet place for a completely different project and discovered they sold tile. Really wasn't going to stay and look, but the very first thing we were shown looked like a good possibility.

First, here's the kitchen as it is without backsplash (there's a shelf missing that goes over the sink):

Backsplash ideas · More Info

Second, this is the look I like for a backsplash. Nice and simple:

This is what she showed us today, a porcelain tile. I was first drawn to the lighter one, but she liked the darker one because of the gray in our floor):

The photo below shows the grout we would use if we went with the darker tile.

Here are the tiles at home under the type of lighting we're having installed. It's all a bit washed out but I think it's because we held the light too close. I'm just a tad hesitant about the darker one under this lighting because it doesn't seem to blend as well as it did in the store. The beige looks fine.

Here are the tiles outside in the sun so you can see the bit of gray that's in the Giallo. I also wanted to see in the sunlight if it blended any better.

Anyway, we liked these both very much in the store. Just a little confused as to why Giallo seems slightly off in our lighting.

So what do you-all think? Not too busy to do 6x6 on a diagonal throughout? There will be slight variations in the tiles but not much.

The designer thinks it will look very good to have the tile continue up in the same pattern above the shelf over the sink. She also recommended a Schluter stainless steel edge to finish off the edges. Said it will reflect the wall paint and only give the slightest hint of a stainless line from the front.

Comments (16)