SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paschof99

North Florida Rose ID Request

Pamela Kennedy
8 years ago

My husband and I moved a few years ago to a home with a rose bush (actually 3 identical ones planted side by side) that we would like to identify.

The rose bushes get along fairly well in a particularly shady part of our yard... against one of the east walls of our home, and under the branches of an ornamental tree no less.

Each bush is about 5 1/2 feet tall, and approximately 3 feet wide.

It's flowers are not large, with most about 2 inches in diameter when open. My husband said he counted petals from numerous flowers (concentrating on those just starting to open) and they ranged from 10 to 16 petals, with the average around 12 petals. The foliage is also a bit smaller than on the other rose bushes we have, somewhat proportionally smaller along with the rose size.

As can be seen in the top photo the bushes flower all along the bush (low and high), and as the photo immediately below shows with some clustering but also some individual flowering too.

Sometimes the flowers are paler than the pictures I'm sharing today... may be related to the aging of the flowers as I see the petal count looks lower in this pic my husband took some time back, but they're definitely a darker pink at the moment in the other photos than they sometimes have been in the past as can be seen below in an older picture.

Last thing I can think to share is that the roses not only are flowering in the shade but have survived and are flowering well with near zero maintenance from us.

Gladly answer any additional questions I can that might help identify it!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022