SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bong477

Convection Microwave + Toaster vs Convection Toaster + Microwave?

DrB477
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

About to get started on a kitchen remodel. Currently have a standard sized double oven gas range (kenmore elite) + OTR microwave + a countertop convection toaster. I'm pretty happy with the setup currently... use the real ovens for cooking "real" family meals, but the toaster heats up MUCH faster and is great for chicken nuggets, frozen pizzas (it fits a 12" pizza perfect), etc for the kids or heating a quick appy, etc. The results are marginally better than what I'd get in either oven chamber (heat seems more even)

So I need a toaster (here and there, not daily) and a small oven that preheats quickly as well as a microwave. My layout doesn't have a ton of upper cabinet space or counter space so want to maximize our usage of the space.

The new kitchen will be a complete gut job and include a 48" pro-style range which, truth be told is probably overkill for our needs, but whatever, point being I'll have two pretty big ovens already. Currently we have some upper cabinet space dedicated to a microwave spot... wondering if the convection microwaves perform well enough that I could ditch the countertop toaster oven (freeing up counter space and giving a cleaner look) and just get a regular pop-up type toaster that I can pull out as needed? Also it looks like if I were to get a built in convection microwave like the Bosch 800, I could install it under the counter which would probably work better for my layout and I could get in an extra upper cabinet. Cost isn't much of a factor.

Thanks!

Comments (5)