SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieste_gw

Honed marble mosaic--bathroom & shower floors--maintenance nightmare?

needinfo1
8 years ago

I'm looking at this for a bathroom floor and a shower floor. I never thought I'd be considering this material, but I found a basket weave pattern that I like, and it is cheap. https://www.tileshop.com/product/san+dona+honed+niles+12+x+12+in.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&from=fn

What is the reality of maintenance on this? I am not a neat freak, but having it turn obviously disgusting looking or having to spend tons of time on maintenance is not for me. I've seen a few people mention problems with grout or stains I think, but I don't know what the exact details are. This is not a bathroom that is regularly used a ton. But, people will be showering and using the toilet etc. Does anyone have any advice about whether this is a stupid idea or if it is okay to use? Or, would I be wiser to just choose some standard ceramic tile?

I should add in I have a honed marble kitchen countertop and a honed marble vanity top and haven't had any of the problems so many people talk about. Or else, they don't bug me the way they do some people. Thanks much.

Comments (2)