SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greg_gurbacki

Looking for a little info on NS spacing

Greg Gurbacki
8 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking for a little bit of info on planting some Norway spruce trees on my property. I'm basically looking for a privacy screening from my rear neighbor and from the road since I am on a corner lot. I like the norway spruce trees due to (from what I have heard) grow at a decent rate and maintain their bottom branches over the years. My property line start about 10 feet off my rear neighbors house so I was thinking I would plant the row of trees 10 foot from the line. From looking around on different sights I was seeing that I should be planting them about 8 foot apart. Although I want them to fill in quick I would think for a tree that can get so big and wide, I feel like I can space them 10 foot apart and still be fine. I guess my question is....How far do I plant a NS apart from each other and what is the diameter of these trees when they are at about 10' tall since that's what I plan on buying them at? Am I planting them too close to my property line or do I need to come further off so they wont interfere with my neighbors house some day? Or am i using the wrong tree? Im in zone 5 in western NY. Any help or info I could get would be greatly appreciated

Comments (3)