SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petekotsonis

Please help us determine the health of our new succulents!

Peter
8 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I run a small business and we've been working with a local florist that is wonderful. She's outfitted our office with a small army of succulents of different varieties. She's been great in helping us with timing of watering, amounts, etc. But I still have a lot of questions and know our office needs to take ownership of these to ensure their health and longevity.

Two of the succulents we have are showing signs of a peach fuzz-like cluster of webbing. On one, in the vicinity of the fuzz, the leaves are crusty and brittle, break right off. On another, within the fuzz, there are tiny dots - almost like dust. In both cases, it appears only one area of the plant cluster is affected.

I'm not sure of the variety of these, but they're now in quarantine in one room while the others that appear to be healthy (at least to my eyes) remain in another on sills by windows (winter weather outside, not sure if perhaps the chill of the window might be injuring them? Our florist hasn't said anything about their location by the windows...).

Any insight here would be fabulous, and thank you in advance for taking the time to comment!

Best,

Pete

Comments (17)