SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aptosca

Interior VGDF doors

aptosca
8 years ago

(I wonder if this forum should be called Windows & Doors & Millwork ...)

I was wondering if anyone has any comments/can educate me on doors. One of the biggest Marvin distributors in the area is quoting TruStile, which seems to have a strong rep on GW.

The distributor does (appear to) also carry Rogue Valley which seems to be in a similar space? Any info on whether one might be better than another? Are there other strong players?

I'm looking for A&C/craftsman VGDF five flat panel doors. (RVD plays up their OR location re: VGDF.)

Both of the companies appear to do veneer ... everywhere? It wasn't clear to me if some of the raised panel doors used solid wood. The flat-panel doors don't look to.

Does anybody make solid wood doors anymore? http://www.solidhardwooddoors.com/Allegheny Wood Works appears to. But they also don't (seem to) carry VGDF. No idea how much they charge for their doors.

I'm getting solid wood cabinets made ... at least the outside parts: the face frames and doors. But, then, they require far less wood.

I actually dislike the look of veneer, especially repeating patterns. I also worry a bit about the veneer being more delicate with respect to bumps and scrapes.

I can live with veneer if it's the best choice, just looking to make the decision that matches my leanings. (I evidently care too much about the materials going into my project.)

Comments (20)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County