SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

How can you get tile if the local distributor keeps putting you off?

CJ Mac
8 years ago

I had no idea how difficult it would be to find a darker-than-bone-color 4x4 ceramic tile with a matte finish. All I want is a freakin' beige/tan tone on-the-diagonal backsplash. The tile lady I was working with only has a limited inventory--and tried to talk me out of ceramic saying it looks "bathroomy". But I don't like subway tile (esp. since I can't find it darker than bone color) and you-all on Houzz have thought that Travertine was too busy for my countertop.

So TL (tile lady) tells me to try Interceramics website. Took me forever but I found this page with 4x4 tile colors: http://www.interceramicusa.com/files/Interceramic_MATT_IC_Mattes_US2014-004719.pdf

Of course I can't tell for sure from a picture, but I'm thinking "Tender Tan" might work or possibly "Canvas". "Almond" might be a little to pink. But according to ICs website, the only place within 100 miles that carries their products is a place where they've always been rather snooty towards us. The lady who "helped" us last week acted like she really didn't want to be dealing with someone on a budget and in the whole big place only had subway tile or travertine to suggest--implying that the rest would be out of our price range. I've left 2 voice messages with them and no one will get back on whether or not they can get me this IC tile or if they have samples I can see.

IC has a Tile Gallery about 2 hours away, but I wonder if they only sell to wholesalers.

The local Daltile distributor is ordering me a sample of "Urban Putty" so maybe that will work...

Just feeling frustrated today. Maybe I need a Snickers.

Comments (10)