SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msgenie51642

OLD Hoover Floormate-Got it to suck up water again!

msgenie51642
8 years ago

Since I have heard of so many similar problems, I thought I would share what I learned about my old (purchased in 2002) Hoover Floormate. It is the model H 3000, which I believe is one of the earliest ones. I had it in the closet for approximately 12 years--It didn't dry vacuum very well but I thought I would give it one more try. I filled it with cleaning solution and started to work with it. I discovered that it simply wouldn't pick up any water. I was so bad that I had to go over the entire area with a clean towel. So I did some research on line and found out the two most important parts that make the machine pick up water are the filter and squeegee. I ordered both of those. The filter arrived first, but it didn't solve the entire problem. The squeegee arrived a few days later and, with the help of my daughter's boyfriend Billy, I got it installed. I couldn't remove the old squeegee because of all the dried up "gunk" around the screws but Billy took care of that.

Now the Floormate works like new! I am so happy because I would have had to buy a new Floormate or do without! I thought I would share this as it seems to me that many others have the same problem and this would be very helpful to them.

Comment