SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cloudy_christine

Freezer, part 2: my replies to your comments. (Can't post on thread)

cloudy_christine
8 years ago
I'm not able to post a comment on a thread. This has happened before and led to a long exchange with Houzz. No time for that now, or patience.
Thank you, everyone, for your comments.
Annie, that alarm sounds like a wonderful idea, but it wasn't available on the models we looked at. We decided to just go buy one that could be delivered tomorrow, since our old freezer's temperature had risen again today. So I'm glad many people said it probably doesn't matter which brand. We got one just like yours, Sleevendog, but 16.6 cubic feet instead of 20. It's a lot wider than our old Amana with the same capacity, and will narrow a passage in the basement, but that seems to be how they are.
Nancy, this Frigidaire at Lowe's does have a 1-year warranty. We passed on buying the extended coverage.
Chas, I did research the gasket a while back. There are internet sources of every gasket that exists, and there is not one for this freezer. I bought it in 1984. Also not convinced this problem is the gasket. And my husband, reasonably enough, said we should get a new freezer we don't have to worry about.
Now I should look for some baskets to organize it. I want ones I can take out easily to look through what's in them. I have a couple now but they are too small.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor