SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cpartist

Architects, Need help from those more knowledgeable than me

cpartist
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Here are our modified plans for the enlarged lot. Overall I'm happy with the plans (finally) but the roofline over the garage area needs work in my opinion. (This happened because of the changes to the house when we enlarged the garage, changed the direction of the foyer once again and added the small bump out so my buffet would fit in the kitchen)

My question is, can it be modified? Can it be made lower with a lower ceiling height within the garage and still work? Is there anything that can be done to the roof overall on the left side of the front elevation of the house to make it better?

FYI to Virgil: I had asked to extend the roofline on the first floor across on the right side elevation like you had suggested and was told it couldn't be done. Since that is a narrow lot line side that no one will see, I will accept that.

First Floor (changes in red are where once again the draftsman didn't follow what I had sent him several weeks ago.)

The front and left side elevations will be facing the street since this is a corner lot. Thank you in advance.

Second Floor:
Elevations, with my changes to the plans

And finally the Roof plan:

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths