SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zen_man

It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 36

zen_man
8 years ago

Hello everyone,

Welcome to this ongoing message thread. Once again, the previous part of this continuing series, It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 35, has over 100 messages and may be causing slow message loading problems, so we are continuing the series here for yet another fresh start.

The same guidelines apply here. Anything remotely related to zinnias
is fine. (Or feral cats or locusts or whatever.) As always, if you have any related pictures,
you are invited to post them.

My indoor zinnia activity continues, and I am temporarily adding the production of some vegetable plants for our vegetable garden, which my oldest son helps me with. Actually, he does most of the heavy work. I am growing some tomato plants in "home-made" plastic pots.

You will have to excuse the wires and pipes and such -- my indoor gardening is in the utility room in the basement along with the furnace, water heater, and the accumulator tank for the water well.

The "home-made" plastic pots are the bottom parts of 2-liter soft drink bottles.

I have cut drainage slots in the "feet" of the bottles. I like these for tomatoes because they allow for extra deep root development.

Naturally I am still growing zinnias indoors. This is a current bloom that I like because it does look a little "different".

I have had "toothy" zinnia petals in the past, but this one looks a bit different.

As always, if any of you have any comments, questions, or pictures to post, they are always welcome. More later.

ZM

Comments (115)