SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zen_man

It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 48

zen_man
6 years ago

Hello everyone,

Welcome to this ongoing message thread. The previous part of this continuing series, It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 47
has exceeded 100 messages, which could make the thread slow to load, so we are continuing the series here for another fresh start.

The same guidelines apply here. Anything remotely related to zinnias
is fine. (Or plant breeding in general, or feral cats or precocious cats
or locusts or pet snails or chupacabras or book comments or whatever.)

My indoor zinnia project continues. This recent picture shows some of my second generation zinnias that are fairly far along.

My second generation has been a succession of planting of green seeds as they become ready. So many of my second generation zinnias are just little seedlings, and I am still in the process of planting more of them. I am planting the second generation exclusively from green seeds to accelerate the process.

During some of our recent mild weather I have done some preparation work in my outside garden area. Hopefully some of my second generation zinnias will contribute some seeds for a third generation, which will be planted outdoors after the danger of frost has passed and the soil has warmed up a bit.

I realize this is not a gardening season for many of you, but I look forward to your new or continued participation here in this message thread.

ZM

Comments (109)