SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_27597981

Backsplash & Hardware Suggestions for IKEA Grimslov Kitchen?

User
8 years ago

Hello All -

I was wondering if I could gather some ideas from you folks. My husband and I are getting close to finishing our kitchen, and I need to make some decisions on the backsplash and hardware.

Our countertops will be Caesarstone Quartz in Nougat. Our walls are painted Sherwin Williams Silvermist. I have my stove already (SS) but not my other appliances. They most likely will be SS, but I wouldn't rule out white for the fridge or dishwasher. Our sink is a white drop-in and I have a faucet in a chrome finish. Our floors are a 5" natural hickory and the blank corner wall will have three wraparound shelves in a wood species yet to be determined - but most likely stained dark.

I have purchased a 3 X 6 matte white subway tile by Daltile for the backsplash and Ikea's faglavik knobs in black and their fagleboda cup pulls in black. I can return these if I need to, so I'm not afraid of changing at this point. We're moving slow anyways.

I guess my questions are:

Would you do a full backsplash?

If I used the tiles I have, will it be too much white?

And what about grout color? White? Light grey?

Would a 4" or 6" backsplash look better?

Can you even get an integrated BS in Quartz material?

Would a different hardware finish look better than the black? Satin nickel? Chrome?

What about the quality of Ikea's hardware? I've had some Amerock in the past I have been pleased with. Would handles function better than the pulls?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions...it truly is appreciated. I've tried bouncing some of these ideas off my husband, but his eyes just start crossing and rolling back into his head. He's just no help here. Thank you!

countertops Caesarstone Nougat

Sorry, but I don't have any real close up shots...

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz