SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dayhe

LG fridge broke 2 months ago still isn't fixed. What to buy next?

dayhe
8 years ago

We are on day 55 of a completely nonfunctional LG refrigerator that was newly installed in our new-construction home a year to the day before it broke. We have had 5 service visits. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with LG. The service guy they assigned us has been out five times. The fridge is still broken. Every new part they try to replace has to be ordered factory direct and takes a week to come in. Every service visit has to be scheduled a week out. LG has shown zero interest in getting us a working refrigerator, nor have they demonstrated anything I would call customer service. Just a friendly PSA in case you're appliance shopping. I will not buy LG again.
That said, I need fridge recommendations. We thought we'd done our research when we bought LG for our post-tornado rebuild, but apparently we got a lemon. Does anyone have a fridge they love? We'd like the freezer on the bottom, one or two doors on top. Needs to have an ice-maker but just in the freezer is fine, doesn't need a door ice and water dispenser. Stainless steel. Needs to fit a 35.75" opening.
Thanks so much!
Helen

Comments (3)