SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovingspring

My husband has really hurt my feelings.

lovingspring
8 years ago

In October we had to have our black lab put to sleep. My husband has been wanting to get another but I have been against the idea. I told him if and when he is ready to retire then we will talk about it. He travels for work and gone over night many times during a month. Our grandchildren spend time here and often I keep the youngest overnight. A puppy seemed like too much for me.

Several weeks ago when I took the cat in for his annual I saw a notice of Lab puppies for sale. It excited me and I was not able to sleep or get it off my mind. I called and got the breeders number then made the call, went to view the puppies and picked one out. There were only 2 available by that time. Feeling very pleased I kept this to myself for the 2 weeks for the puppy to be ready to leave his mother. I was so excited to present the puppy to my husband.

Bet you all know where this is headed. Night before last my husband came back from his trip and he was not as excited by the puppy as I was. In fact, he got somewhat angry that I did not let him in on going to pick out the puppy.

His lack of enthusiasm and his initial cool attitude towards the puppy has really hurt my feelings. In 42 years of marriage I do believe this is the worst my feelings have been hurt.

All is good now and he seems to be happy with our new boy who has not yet received a permanent name. We are calling him Yoyo. When I get my new phone I will post his adorable pictures for everyone to ohhh and ahhh over.

I keep wanting to tell my husband how I feel about his reaction but then I get upset and don't say anything. Maybe I should just let it go.

Comments (43)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals