SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

Undercabinet lighting--anything from Lowes/HD you can recommend?

CJ Mac
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

No one is replying at "Lighting" so I will re-post here:

This is something I haven't thought about AT ALL. We just got new countertops put in and while I'm trying to decide on what backsplash to use, our handyman friend wants to move some outlets for me tomorrow and put in undercabinet lighting. He's going to hardwire it and add a switch to each side of our galley-type kitchen.

But as I said, I haven't given any thought to this. I want inexpensive, not hot, and not bright bright white--but I really could use the extra light since the only light in our kitchen comes from sunlight or a not-so-bright ceiling fan. On a cloudy day or at night, it's can be frustratingly dim.

Handyman tells me I should just tell him what I want from Lowes and he'll go get it. But I don't even know what I'm looking at there. It's not like they show the different light strips as they would look installed under your cabinet. It's just a picture of a light strip or whatever--and they all look the same to me.

BTW, I have lupus with sun sensitivity, and part of that includes avoiding flourescent lights...or that's what they say.

In the photo below, you can see the fluorescent light over the sink. I'd like to replace it with the same kind of lighting that we put under the cabinets. There is a shelf we installed between the cabinets (removed till backsplash is up), so it does cut down on the light to the sink, but we like the look of the shelf there--it makes more sense to us design-wise.

Comments (13)