SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elunday

Displaying silly stuff in my new grown-up office

elunday
8 years ago

I'm updating my wee home office after a big remodel, and it's the nicest looking space I've been in since I started working at home. New paint and trim, nice floor, new desk, nice shelving. It all looks lovely.

The problem is my collection of Far Side cartoons, silly headlines from The Onion and cheesy Mexican calendar art featuring hunky Aztecs. I'm quite fond of this miscellany, and some of it has followed me from job to job for nearly 20 years. I had it all stuck up on an old bulletin board, but that just seems too . . . college-student-ish for my new classy space.

Any thoughts? I've considered framing it all, but is that taking cheesy Mexican calendar art too seriously? I thought of a magnetic board, but is that just a slightly upgraded bulletin board?

I'm posting a few photos--it's a very hard space to photograph because it's so small--8 x 8 with a little 2 foot entry space. It was originally the breakfast nook for our 1923 bungalow. I requested help with the paint color several weeks ago and this board came up with great suggestions. I ended up going with SW Sea Salt, and I love it.

Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks!

From the kitchen, looking into the room. You'll notice I found reasonably tasteful ways to display some of my personal tchotchkes, including the Bob Schieffer bobblehead on the picture ledges.

A few more steps in the room. (Please forgive the boxes of random files -- I'm sorting through my (newly painted) file cabinet.) The wall to the right in this photo is completely blank, so that's where this stuff will go once I figure out how to display it.

From the corner looking back toward the desk. Unfinished Elfa shelving on the wall.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths