SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane2516

Ideas for pretty dish drying racks

Jane
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have been looking for years for the perfect attractive dish drying rack. I do dishes everyday and only some of them I put in the dishwasher, which only gets run about once a week. (Usually just corelle, flatware and plastics go in the dishwasher). The pots and pans, mugs, glasses and other plates that I don't want to risk breaking get handwashed and laid out to dry.

I have an umbra bamboo rack with utensil holder which I love, but it's hard to keep clean. I would like something more sterile. Stainless would be good, plastic usually looks cheap. A drying towel/mat doesn't get the dishes dry and you can't stand up any dishes. I want something that looks nice on the counter all the time.

I have a stainless cooling rack which looks OK, but nothing to catch the water or hold the utensils, and I cannot stand up any pots, pans, baking sheets on it like I can with my bamboo rack. I have spent hours in The Container Store and came up with nothing.

Do you know of anything ingenious and really cute?

I saw some cute stoneware utensil holders in Pier 1 a while ago, but the sales associate said you don't want to leave stoneware soaking in water for an extended length of time. Also I would want the rack, utensil holder and drying surface to look cohesive, like they belong together.

Comments (24)