SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeh_yeh

Need help on redoing front yard (long)

8 years ago

Hi! I am new to the Garden Forum. I joined Gardenweb when I was remodeling my kitchen and everyone was so nice and helpful! My kitchen is now done and I want to start working on my front yard and back yard. I live in a HOA community so I will need to get HOA approval for front yard redo. This picture shows the front yard when I bought this house a year ago. There is this huge tree got chopped off before the previous owner list the house but the root is still there (grey color thingy in the middle of the mulch area), I will need to have professional to remove that.

I don't like any of the current plants in my front yard right now. I want to eventually redo the whole thing. The plan is to get a tree and some shrubs. I know almost nothing about trees/flowers, but I love love love flowering cherry blossom tree. My previous home has some cherry tree in the front yard that was planted by the community but it has some tiny burgundy color fruit that drop which I don't like. Is there any flowering cherry blossom tree that doesn't have fruit? I also want one that is a dwarf version. I saw this picture online when I was google searching dwarf flowering cherry, does anyone know what it is? I live in the SF bay area, will the zone be good for this flowering cherry?

I also like the red/purple/burgundy color shrub that a house in my community has. What kind of shrub is it? The owner bought the house with this shrub already planted and they don't know what that is either.

Thank you so much in advance!

Comments (3)