SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillywillyct

Specifc detergent / mixes on certain types of laundry

Jill
8 years ago

Recent posts here amongst this amazing group of experts has made me question my "one size fits all" approach to laundry. Before finding this forum, I used an eco-friendly lavender scented liquid for every load. I thought powders were passe. I was apparently missing out!! My eyes have been opened here with the photo posts of the collections of potions you all have, the vigorous discussions on certain brands, as well as the discussion of liquid fabric softener and sheets, to name a few strings.

I would love to hear the advice and approach you take on different types of laundry....eg, towels, sheets, colors, whites, heavily stained garden clothes with dirt on them (not that it ever happens, eh-hmm! ;-) )

I did some pre-searching before posting and, while I think the advice is smattered throughout various posts, is there merit in comparing notes in one comprehensive string?

I will start. Since learning of Persil and Foca on this site, only use those two: Persil for colors, and Foca for whites. I have tried to reduce my dryer sheet use due to the comments here as well and an adverse reaction with my lint screen, but I digress. There was a tip to use a wee bit of bleach in every load, including colors in the F/L to avoid the stank, and BOY was that life-changing advice!! (Sorry I can't remember who said it..) I am on a septic system and a bit cautious on what I use.

What is your strategy? Some of you look like master "mixologists" with your collections of detergents! I am in awe! Would love to learn a new thing or two. Thank you in advance!

Comments (17)