SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pknut94

Plasnt/Seedling Help - Hydroponic Beginner

Phil Nicolosi
8 years ago

Hello. I am new to Hydroponics, and new to this site. I am currently growing a variety of vegetables and things do not seem to be progressing as well as they should. I started tomato plants from seed. After about 2 weeks I moved them to my homemade NFT hydroponic system. I moved the plants into the system about 5 days ago. It seems in this time they have not developed at all. I am using a General Hydroponics nutrient mix per instructions treating the plants as if they are two weeks old. I have a 1000 Watt Double Ended Metal Halide light about three feet above the plants. The water temperature holds around 70 degrees, and the air temperature is between 65-70. The humidity is a little lower than I would like, but I try to mist them at least once a day. After having poor response to the system I remixed my nutrient solution and triple checked my mix to make sure I was mixing it correctly. The PH is about 6.0. I am currently running the lighting at 19/6.The new leaves came in very shiny, but almost curl up a bit, and growth is much slower than I expected. I have added pictures and would appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks so much for taking the time to read.

Comments (28)