SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Thank You For Your Kind Prayers and Comments

LynnNM
8 years ago

As Tibbie so thoughtfully posted last week, my sweet Mom passed in the early hours of March 7th. In our mind, it wasn't a coincidence that her mother, my grandmother, passed away 31 years before on March 7th also. I truly believe that Grandma was there when her daughter passed. Anyhoo, I was back in my hometown in Michigan for a week with my many siblings, their spouses, kids and grandkids, as well as other relatives and longtime friends. It was both a sad and happy time for us all, but I'm so glad that DH was there with me, as well. You all posted such lovely thoughts and I just wanted to say thank you, and that I read and reread every one of them. They helped to lift my spirits when I needed it the most.

I'm home now and am at peace that my wonderful, sweet mom is in a better place now and free from pain at last. My sister was with her when she passed and called us within a few minutes to let us know. Right after that, as I lay in my bed thinking about her passing, I felt her lay her cheek against mine and I distinctly smelled the face cream she always wore. And, in those same early morning hours, she came to DD at college in a dream. DD didn't know that she'd passed yet, but her grandmother was happy, healthy, younger, and was waltzing around DD's room (in the dream) showing DD her wedding dress. Those are two happy thoughts I'm holding onto now.

Again, thank you for thinking of me.

Comments (16)