SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Who actually gazes out the window over their kitchen sink?

Ever since we started the plans for the house in the mountains this has baffled me. Based on the lot and the style of house I was finding a plethora of plans with the main sink on a wall with no window or in an island. So at first I started frantically reworking these plans to adjust this horrible thing. Then when I realized in doing so I was messing up many other aspects of the home I started thinking about it. Over the past few months I started to pay attention to how I use the window/sink in my current house. It is a nice window overlooking a private front garden. Regardless, I realized I almost never look out the window when standing at the sink. I am usually concentrating and looking down at whatever is in the sink. I have never once gazed dreamily out the window while lovingly washing a sudsy, crusty lasagna pan! I am always trying to get the job done and get on to the next thing. I'm sure there are those who do enjoy their window in the way I imagine, but for me this revelation has freed me to organize the new kitchen in a different way. Just goes to show to each his own.

Comments (78)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH