SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
haldd

Win 8.1 and 10 compatibility mode?

haldd
8 years ago

Yesterday my Asus Zenbook upgraded from Win 8.1 to 10. This laptop is basically new. It is an I7 with 12 gigs of ram and a 4k touchscreen. The only software I've installed that works is Firefox. Nothing else has been installed.

Today I installed and then uninstalled Wordperfect X7 Legal Suite. I uninstalled it because the fonts and icons it uses in it's toolbar are so small you can't read them or make out what they are. I tried changing the screen resolution but it has no effect on the Wordperfect toolbars, icons, etc. and it also has no effect on the Win10 system fonts - they all stay small and nearly impossible to read. I set the system fonts in control panel to very large - it seems to be about a 9 point font - and that had no effect on the program font.

I've had this same problem on other Win 8 and 8.1 devices and wonder if other people are having this problem in Win10 too? Is there a solution? I hope I didn't throw away $400 on the Wordperfect suite...I called and emailed them and am still waiting for their response....Lastly, I could be mistaken but I think I read somewhere that Win10 allegedly has a compatibility mode for older programs? How do I fire that up and test it?

Comments (5)