SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

Brakes went out on 96 Tahoe, describe what happened

arkansas girl
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

OK here's how it went down: I was coming home from a place that's about 3 miles from my home, trip there was uneventful. As I was coming home, I made a stop at a light about a half mile from where I'd left and I could feel the brakes just didn't seem firm as formal and went "what the heck???!!!" So then I was careful to give myself a lot of room to stop and by the time I got home the brakes were a lot worse, pushing almost down to the floor. I pulled in the driveway and checked the fluid and was above the minimum level. I just happened to see a huge puddle of brake fluid on the inside right next to the rear passenger tire. I put it in the garage and when see puddles that look like each time I put on the brakes. At this point I have almost no brake and the peddle is down to the floor pretty much. After looking closer, the fluid is dripping down the side of the tire on the inside, as I said the rear passenger side. It appears to gush out when I press the brake apparently since it's in puddles about each time I braked pulling into the garage. What does this sound like to y'all?

Comments (7)

Sponsored