SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oritay

Rooting "Mini Monstera" What should I do now?

oritay
8 years ago

Hi hi everyone I'm a super plant noob and need some help! So about a month ago I bought two cuttings of a plant called "mini monstera" on ebay. Ive always loved the look of monstera but I don't have room for a plant like that haha. So when I ran into this plant it was perfect! I googled it and it has a bunch of names like Rhaphidophora tetrasperma, Philodendron Ginny, ect. So I don't know what the actual name is. Anyways, with my moms advice I just stuck the two cuttings in water and let it be. (That's her solution for all plants, just put it in water and see if it grows roots! Lol.) After about a month of nothing happening one of the cuttings aerial roots grew some fleshy looking white roots! The other cutting didn't make it, all his leaves turned brown and fell off. :(

I'm so happy! But, I don't know what to do now. Should I pot him or let the roots grow a little more? One of them is about and 1 1/2 inch long the other about 1 inch. One of his leaves is starting to brown on the tip. I really don't want to loose him because I literally can't find this plant anywhere online anymore!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County