SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

Trudeaus' state dinner

robo (z6a)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Seems like most of Canada was taking about the state dinner the Trudeaus attended in Washington last night. Did it hit the news much in the US?

I thought Obama's speech was lovely and appreciated the shout out to Cape Breton!

"Where else would we see a community like Cape Breton, Nova Scotia welcoming Americans if the election does not go their way? And to the great credit of their people, Canadians from British Columbia to New Brunswick have, so far, rejected the idea of building a wall to keep out your southern neighbors. We appreciate that. We can be unruly."

He also gave a special shout out to Margaret Trudeau which was really nice, for her work with mental health.

Four handsome people - I wish the Obamas could stick around a little bit longer now that we finally have a non-embarrassing Prime Minister. Could have really improved relations between our countries had this happened earlier.

I have a few Canadian friends living and working in the US and they really appreciated Obama's welcoming words to Canadians in the US as well.

Comments (36)