SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newlywed2011

My small kitchen reveal! (Minus backsplash)

8 years ago

For the life of me I can't figure out why the builders of our house put in such a tiny kitchen! The house is 3000 sq ft and the master bath is bigger than the kitchen! Ugh! We will move in a few years but wanted to update the kitchen while living here. We didn't change the layout but everything is new including appliances. (Haven't put in backsplash yet but are planning on white subway tiles. )

Cabinets Kraftmaid Gentry Dove White

Countertops Honed Carrara Marble (no etching yet and I've had it for 12 hours! haha)

Appliances: Whirlpool from Lowes

Sink: Blanco 441309 Performa 1.75 Medium Bowl Sink, Metallic Gray Purchased from Faucet Direct

We've decided that the fridge is too big for the space so Lowes is replacing it with an LG counter-depth.

Tomorrow plumber comes to hook up sink/dishewasher/disposal

All we have left to do is hang the pendant light, add some accessories with color and install backsplash. Trying to decide on white grout or a light gray grout. We also need to install the pulls on cabinet. I guess I should have waited until it's all done but got overly excited about the results!

We're happy with it all and think it will help the house sell quicker when we decide to put it on the market.

Before pics include mauve laminate and pink backsplash. Goodbye 1980's!

I sold my oak cabinets on Craigslist along with my old appliances and sink!

Before:

After (but not finished!)

Comments (45)