SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggiepatty

Bathroom faucet finish suggestions?

maggiepatty
8 years ago

Let me begin by saying we love our clamshell sink and won't be replacing that :) We are two more kids through college away from bathroom renos.

But we do have to replace our faucet and I'm wondering which finish to choose. I hate the current one, installed by previous owner. I guess it is chrome: shiny, hard to keep looking clean in this high-traffic bathroom.

The shower fixtures are also silver, although they do not show from behind the shower curtain.

The only other metal in the room is the toilet handle (easy to swap out, currently brushed nickel) and the dark brass/bronze-y knobs on the vanity.The mirror and vanity are cherry color. The 'mausoleum' tile goes all the way up the walls so it's the most boring bathroom in the world, looks-wise.

I guess I would prefer bronze if I had no other considerations, but the shower hardware won't be changing so...should I rule bronze out?

Also, considering toothpaste splatters etc. which are my daily enemy, is brushed nickel the best for not showing every spatter?

What finish would you recommend?

Comments (8)