SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Wine bar placement?

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Next tweak to my plans. I'm doing this now as it may affect the build process.

This is a vacation/retirement place. Mostly for hubby and I and the occasional small gathering. There will be a larger eating area on the back porch for 8.

The kitchen will be tweaked I'm sure but will remain size and locale.

So the wine and cocktail hutch is my baby. It needs to be at least 6 feet wide to accommodate my bare minimums. I have a large collection of glassware and craft cocktail gear. When we do host for dinner the wine and cocktail service is just as important as the food. The buffet will have a fridge but no sink. There is a full wine cellar in the basement.

Currently I have the buffet in the dining area. The dining area is 8'x12'. The wall where I show the buffet in the drawing does not need to be there. I added it so I could have a wall for the buffet. If I move the buffet to my other possible spot I will get rid of the wall.

My other possible option is to shrink the pantry and put the wine buffet on that wall facing the great room. I love that big pantry but I think it will still be a great size. It will end up 7'10" X 7' if I move that top wall to recess wine buffet in that wall.

I'm thinking of something similar to this.

Comments (7)